How it works
BasWorx is a subcontractor to Morgan Sindall Property Services (MSPS) delivering painting and decorating work to Basildon Council properties. MSPS have a 15 year contract with Basildon Council carrying out repairs, maintenance and planned improvement works to the Council’s housing stock as well as undertaking gas servicing, repairs and boiler renewals.
BasWorx is designed to provide opportunities for our trainees to build up their work experience and to learn the transferable skills required in order to secure an apprenticeship or employment on completion.
As a BasWorx trainee you will deliver a wide range of exterior and interior decorating work including painting, alongside some general repairs and maintenance work to Basildon Council. In partnership with a local training provider you will have a taster of what it’s like to work in the industry. Alongside the work programme we will support you to achieve your CSCS card, and where required reach the necessary levels of Maths and English to be eligible to further your career.
On our work programme you will:
- Work under the supervision of experienced professionals
- Be allocated a BasWorx buddy who is available to provide advice, and is there to answer any questions you have
- Learn skills first hand in the work place
- Improve your English and Maths
- Receive H&S in a Construction Environment training
- Sit your CSCS test
- Benefit from employment skills training
- Make a positive contribution to your area, meaning you can be proud of your borough and see the physical difference you have made
- Boost your CV
- Be provided with uniform and PPE
- Make industry contacts, and benefit from their wider network of opportunities
- On completion you will be guaranteed an interview for any available employment or apprenticeship opportunities with Morgan Sindall and our partner organisations
Who can join?
- You need to be a Basildon Borough residents or reside in the surrounding areas.
- If you are not currently in education or employment and want to gain some work experience to build up your CV, and improve your career opportunities
- If you have an interest or passion to work in construction
- If you are aged 16 to 24 and qualified below level 3
- If you are unemployed, aged over 24 and want to gain experience for up to 6 weeks without affecting your benefits
- Want to gain the skills to be ready for employment
When can I join?
We run three to four intakes each year, two traineeships for 16-24 year olds, and one Sector Based Work Academy in partnership with the job centre for over 19 year olds. The duration of the programme is roughly 6 to 8 weeks long. Those who are successful at the end of the programme will have the chance to interview for an employment or apprenticeship opportunity.
If you are successful and are offered a position you will then train whilst working directly for BasWorx to gain your Level 2 Painting and Decorating, or level 2 Construction Maintenance Operations apprenticeships.
The next intake is the BasWorx traineeship route which is due to start in July 2019. For more information please email email@example.com.
Apply now to secure a place on the next intake!
Where will I work?
We deliver planned works to maintain properties at sites all over Basildon, once you are enrolled we will let you know where your first location will be. On your first day we complete a full induction with all the work trainees including introductions, H&S training and everything you need to feel confident and to start working safely.